My adventures as a Peace Corps volunteer in the Federated States of Micronesia.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Snapshots

It’s been a tough couple of weeks at school, but thankfully I’ve been having a wonderful time with my host family to keep me positive about things.
They gave me a puppy! I named her Olympia, or Oly Girl for short. She’s not the smartest puppy, but she’s pretty darn cute! She likes to sleep in the pile of coconut husks under the cooking house.
Here are some snapshots from life at home!
So much silliness!

Hike to the top of "Chicken Shit Rock" (that's the literal translation)

View from the top

Oly Girl asleep in the coconut husks
Pohnpeian baseball with a balled-up pop can and stick

Pig carcass and breadfruit for our church feast

Little Daylen



Little Bobo Len!

Little Jamie Ann

Anyway, hopefully things at school get better soon. In the meantime, I’m enjoying time with my family!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment