My adventures as a Peace Corps volunteer in the Federated States of Micronesia.

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Free Time

Last month an adorable 4th grader in Massachusetts sent a thank you note to all the Peace Corps volunteers in Micronesia. He had lots of questions about life in the Peace Corps, like “Who do you save more – adults or children or both?” (Technically I think I’ve “saved” one person – I pulled a three year-old out of the path of a speeding car last Christmas…) and “Do you have time to read?”
The answer to question number two is YES, more time than I’ve ever had in my whole life!!! There’s a LOT of free time in the Peace Corps! And without internet to distract me, that means lots of reading! I’ve read 83 books so far. This was my reading stack for November:

I’m always trying to find new ways to pass the time. This summer I made lots of scavenger hunts and treasure hunts for the kids. This month I recreated the board games “Sorry” and “Candyland” using file folders and colored pencils. We’ve been having fun with them.

Sorry!

Candyland


No comments:

Post a Comment